Just like any other pet, your race horse needs care and attention. It can make them stronger and healthier so that they can win races and reward you with profits.
Just like any other pet, your race horse needs care and attention. This can make them stronger and healthier so that they can win races and reward you with profits. No matter how many horse racing tips you study, all these would remain futile if you could not keep your future champions fit and ready for competitions.
Invest on Experts
- Making an investment on experts is the best way to take care of your pets if you want them to join professional contests in the future.
- Racing these animals is not called the “Sport of Kings” for nothing. A lot of money is required to keep your contender ready. However, it could still reward you with a lot of income soon.
- The first person that you need to find is a trainer. Look for trainers with plenty of experience and adequate knowledge regarding the animal. Find out about their past clients and check whether the horses that they have trained have performed well in past races.
- Next, you need a veterinarian that specializes in dealing with horses. Keep in mind that races are tough environments. They can cause injuries to your pets. A reliable animal doctor can always keep your future champion fit and healthy. During training seasons, quarterly visits are required. However, when the races begin, more frequent health checks are essential before and after the race.
- Another important factor in winning future events is by looking for the right jockey to ride your thoroughbred. Although most of the power comes from your animal, a jockey’s way of manipulating and riding them can definitely make their movements more purposeful in the tracks. It is advisable to have jockeys train with your pets as early as possible so that they can both feel at ease with each other to develop a winning chemistry before the contests.
Feed them Right
- Ask your vet or your nutritionist to provide you with meal plans.
- Hay is not enough to keep your thoroughbred ready for events. They need vitamins, minerals, supplements, and the right amounts of carbohydrates and proteins.
- Install food and drink stations where you may leave their meals inside their stables so that they could eat even when you are not around.
Keep them Active
- Experts suggest that training sessions should be done at least three times a week.
- In rest days, keep your pets away from the stables. Encourage them to move around and exercise.
Keep them Groomed
- Appearance is a big factor in horse racing betting. People would bet on the competitors that look strong and fit.
- Schedule regular hair, body, and feet caring sessions as advised by the vet.